A lip balm is a boon to lips. Apart from making your lips look all the more luscious and pink, the lip balm for lips also aids you in moisturizing your lips. Lips are a sensitive part of the skin and shall be given a due care. A lip balm protects the skin from all kinds of dryness, thereby keeping it soft and supple. A number of brands are available in the markets that sell lip balms in various flavors and tints. However, a homemade lip balm is the most reliable of all since you can prepare it on your own convenience using all the fresh ingredients. A homemade lip balm can be made in a number of flavors using the base of beeswax, coconut oil, a tint, as well as your favorite flavor.
Here are the two easy recipes of your homemade lip balm:
- DIY Lip Balm made from the petroleum jelly:
- To make your lip balm out of petroleum jelly, all you need to do is to take some amount of petroleum jelly in a bowl.
- Heat the jelly by putting the bowl into the microwave for a few seconds. You can also put the bowl in simmering water.
- Add tint to the petroleum jelly by cutting a small piece of your favorite lipstick shade.
- Mix the whole concoction thoroughly using a spoon.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Store in into your favorite box.
2. Homemade lip balm coconut oil:
- The ingredients required to make a lip balm from coconut oil are 1 tablespoon of shea butter, 2 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of chopped beeswax, 5 drops of vitamin E oil as well as your favorite flavor.
- Mix all these ingredients together in a bowl and pour the whole mixture in a double boiler.
- Get it melted slowly on a medium flame and stir it slowly. You must make sure that the ingredients blend well into each-other.
- Pour the whole mixture into small containers and let it dry.
Both these tips can be used to prepare a DIY lip balm of your favorite choice. You can further add your favorite fruity or tinty flavors like rose, strawberry, cherry, grape, mint, lemon etc.